Thursday 4 July 2019

New Book of Flashes

Writing flash fiction is an indulgence of mine. I love it when a writing prompt sparks inspiration and those words come tip, tip, tapping out of my fingers so it is with great pleasure that I'm announcing a new book of flash fiction, released today - 4th of July no less, right at the beginning of flash fiction month.


The definition of flash fiction is fiction of a type characterised by being very short, typically consisting of only a few hundred words.

Lots of writers find is tricky to write flash fiction because you have to squeeze the entire story into a few hundred words. The usual word limit is 300-1500 ish but these things are fluid which I like.

When the muse is with me and the writing prompt tickles my inspiration I really enjoy writing short, short stories and I'm being completely honest and upfront that all the stories in the book are short and flashy. There are twenty in total ranging from stories in the different rooms of your house, alien realtors and some spooky goings on. I didn't stick to any particular genre so it really is an eclectic mix of tales.

I also worry when releasing a collection. Is it long enough? Does it have value? Will my readers like it? There's the usual writing doubt that I can't string the letters of the alphabet together in any logical format but I hope I have put together something that readers can enjoy over a cup of coffee.

To the sales bit! You can get your hands on your very own copy for the princely sum of 99p ($0.99). It's only available in ebook format so click on through and enjoy yourself.


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

2 comments: