Wednesday 22 May 2019

A Slice of Cake With... Donise Sheppard

This week I am delighted to have a slice of cake with Donise Sheppard.

Donise Sheppard is co-owner of Pixie Forest Publishing and a fiction writer born in Ohio, but residing in Southern West Virginia with her husband and four children. She has six self-published novels on Amazon and six other short stories published in anthologies and a magazine. When she isn’t writing, she’s reading, baking, or chasing her monsters. 

What kind of books do you write?

Nearly everything I write is about love. I like horror, science fiction, fantasy, and romance, but no matter the genre, love is a big aspect. I love twisted love stories so much. Dark tones of a story. Twist endings. But I’m also a sucker for sweet, sappy love stories. Love is my favorite. 

Can you describe your writing why?

I get an idea and I can’t stop thinking about that idea and creating scenes and characters from that idea. If I don’t write it down, I’ll keep thinking about it. 


Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

I loved writing this romance story. It was loads of fun. This is one of my favorite little scenes. They’re on a vacation in Hawaii and in their hotel room. The MC’s son was in his own room.

Logan wrapped his arms around me tighter. ‘Where do you want to go for lunch?’ he asked. ‘What are you in the mood for?’
I laughed before responding. ‘You.’ I leaned in and kissed him. 
‘Ewe. Stop that. The door is open.’
We turned to Max, who was standing at the door, looking disgusted.

Tell us about your latest project

My newest release is called Love in Bloom. In this modern world, everyone has magically tattoos of flowers that tell them who they’re in love with. Rachel is having an affair with her husband’s best friend and starts to grow a flower bud for him. She consults with a woman who can remove the tattoo, with the promise of removing the love. 

This story is in an anthology called Magical Reality and is now available!



What is your favourite cake?

Hands down, the chocolate cake shake. My husband and I heard about it on one of Gabriel Iglesias’s comedy tours and my husband wanted to try it. He hated it. I fell in love and can no longer eat cake in solid format. Blend that sucker with some ice cream and milk and it’s delicious.


I've never had a chocolate cake shake before but I am certainly willing to try! You can keep up to date with Donise on her blog and visit her publishing website Pixie Forest Publishing. She's also on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Join me next week when I'll be having a slice of cake with CA Worley.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment