Wednesday 26 December 2018

A Slice of Cake With... 2018

The A Slice of Cake With... interview segment was launched on my blog this year, in 2018, and I've been thrilled to chat with so many amazing authors plus find out what their favourite cake is. 

In celebration, this post takes a look back at books and cake, no finer combination!

The most popular interview was with author B.K. Bass who chose New York Cheesecake as his favourite cake while the most popular cake chosen was predictably, chocolate!

I've interviewed 28 authors this year and had 18 different cakes and 1 batch of biscuits.

I interviewed C.H. Clepitt, my co-host from Sparkly Badgers - you can find us on Facebook and Twitter plus Howard Linskey, one of the judges from the Pen to Print competition that launched my book career.

It's been so much fun chatting to so many different authors, finding out what motivates them to write and of course discover their upcoming projects. My To-Be-Read list keeps growing and growing and growing!


I know you want to know so here is the list of yummy cakes we shared in 2018:

  • Lemon Drizzle Cake
  • Salted Caramel Cake
  • Black Forest Gateaux
  • New York Cheesecake
  • Chocolate Cake
  • Strawberry Pavlova
  • Dark Chocolate Torte
  • Key Lime Cheesecake
  • Lemon Meringue Pie
  • Chocolate Eclair Cake
  • Coconut Cake
  • Gingernut Biscuits
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Carrot Cake
  • Russian Cake
  • Red Velvet Cake
  • Maple & Walnut Cake
  • Coffee & Walnut Cake
  • Cinnamon Roll Cake


If you'd like to have a slice of cake with me next year just fill out the online form and I'll be in touch with the interview questions. I look forward to seeing all the delicious cakes!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment