Tuesday 21 August 2018

Tuesday Poem - I Sit Down

I sit down with a cup of tea
You beg me for your favourite tv

I sit down with my breakfast toast
You ask me to share

I sit down on the toilet
You come to tell me something important

I sit down on the floor
You ask me to build a train track

I sit down with my diary
You beg me for a snack

I sit down for lunch
You go for a poo and shout for me

I sit down to do learning books
You make me so proud

I sit down to have dinner
You decide to throw yours on the floor

I sit down after bedtime
You start screaming and screaming

I sit down exhausted
You snooze next to me in the chair



Claire Buss is a multi-genre writer and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment