Sunday 8 July 2018

Changing Lanes

I've decided to stop posting work on Wattpad. It's a great site and a brilliant opportunity to post work, especially serial chapters. It's very popular with fans of YA and those who read on mobile phones but I realised that I can just as easily post my work here on my blog.

It was almost like a lightning bolt because really, why wouldn't I post my work on my blog? I want people to read my work and I want them to read it in a place that's connected with everything else I do. 

So from this week, as well as my usual Sunday Ramble and A Slice of Cake With... interview on Wednesdays, I'll have Poetry Tuesday (yes, I write poems) and Flash Fiction Friday. I'm excited. I have no idea how I'm going to manage the backlog but as soon as I've figured it out, you'll know.

Being an indie author is a huge learning curve. Sometimes it seems like I'm learning a new thing every day so I'm trying to accept that as a good thing rather than thinking 'oh god, why haven't I been doing that already!' 


I'm always striving to do my best - I want to show the world that I'm serious about being a writer. But it's tough, you know. Writing is a solitary endeavour and you need lots of self-determination and willpower to get through the bad days when the words won't come. A sense of calm acceptance for the days when everything else in your life conspires against you and you don't get anything done. The feeling you get when you publish your book wipes out all those negative worries and doubts. And then you get to write another! 


Finding out what you want to do in life is so important - you've got to love your work.



Claire Buss is a sci-fi, fantasy & humorous writer and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment