Sunday 24 June 2018

Summer Dreaming

Summer Dreaming - Little Book of Verse, Volume 2, is now available to buy in eBook and paperback on Amazon.


I took inspiration from my experience of living on the British coastline for the first time. The popularity for stripping off and baking yourself under the hot sun still astounds me but I cannot deny that living near the beach is just lovely. 

It has apparently been scientifically proven that people who live by the coast are generally happier than those who don't. And I must say, there is something about being next to tidal waters that help to bring you back to your own equilibrium. 

Having lived through the splendid autumn, bitterly cold winter and rather wet spring, it is a pleasure to be experiencing the sunshine. And yes I have been burnt, several times so far. It's that sea breeze! It's sneaky. 

I'm also running again. How can you not when the promenade is right there? The view, the tranquillity, the seagulls, the boats bobbing - it really is the best place I've lived so far. If you cannot move to the coast then I urge you to at least come and visit this summertime. Your soul will thank you for it. 

This book of poetry joins the first in the collection, Little Book of Verse, Volume 1 and Spring Fling, a series of poems written for NaPoWriMo.

As always, if you read one of mine or indeed any indie author book, please take a moment to leave a review. It really does make all the difference.


Claire Buss is a sci-fi, fantasy & humorous writer and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment