Monday 21 March 2016

Sprung

Since my very determined decision to work on my characters a lot has happened.  For one I forgot to blog.  For another spring sprung right at us and I found out I literally have no sunshine in my life. Well, when I say literally I mean apparently and when I say no sunshine I mean not enough.  But it's the same thing.

I am still struggling to fully commit to any writing project.  Whether this is because I just don't believe in my ability to write (90% of the time), the fact that I never seem to have any free time (97.5% of the time) or because I just don't like the projects in my pipeline and I don't have the gumption to tell the pipeline.  How will you know if you don't like the project if you never actually start working on it?  I scream that to myself regularly.  Especially when the other half is busy tap tap tapping away on his story.  Nothing like a productive person to sap your creative thought process. Love you hon.

Now to spring.  Well.  I have seen the odd daff here and there and I have to admit I was very excited to discover crocii at the local park a couple of weeks ago but the weather really can't seem to make its mind up.  Either that or my body is going through several bouts of menopause all at the same time. It's chilly so I grab a coat and then the instant I start walking down the street I feel like I've invented the first ever portable sauna and I have to de-coat.  That gets many odd looks.  People with 17 layers on and two bobble hats think I'm completely mental as well as cruel to children as my incredibly hot blooded son isn't wearing 27 layers and a parka.  As for bobble hats.....he won't even wear one long enough for me to take an amusing photo.

Finally, it turns out I have a vitamin D deficiency.  Sounds like lots of fun.  Just go sit in the sun.  But it has to be the right kind of wavelength sunshine and you have to have plenty of calcium to absorb it. And not too much fat to soak it up and prevent the calcium from getting to it.  Ooops.  So it really is crucial to get that beach body ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment