Thursday 19 November 2015

30-day Writing Challenge - Day 28

The word or phrase you use constantly

I like to think a have a good grasp of the english language and give most words their fair turn at being spoken.  I'd also love to have my very own catchphrase.  As far as I know I don't have one.

My husband and I have certain phrases that we use towards each other but I don't use them for anyone else.  I call my little boy a wide range of odd things like moo-ma and puff and poo-pa.  They don't have a particular meaning except to convey love and fondness.

I'm not a basically or an actually kinda person.  I don't say like all the time.  I may be accused of the over use of the word cool.  And possibly awesome.  But then I'm a sci-fi geek with fandoms so I have to use those words.  It would be interesting if there was a way to find out my most used word.  I hope it would be one of love and happiness and not a horrid nasty word.

I do try real hard not to swear, especially round small ears, so I have modified some swear words. Mother fudgebuckets is a favourite of mine and I do like son of a nutcracker but I don't think I use them constantly or at least I hope not.  It's probably cake you know or biscuit.  My little man picked those words up very quickly.  Oh, and cup of tea.  That is a well used phrase.  Conveys so much - oooh I'm a bit peckish so I'll have a cup of tea (and try not to eat anything)  - are you ok?  Do you want a cup of tea (sit here and tell me all about it) - long period of silence then, do you want a cup of tea? (filler for boredom) - out shopping, shall we have a sit down and a cup of tea (I only really came out for the cake so lets get to it).  That's the one.

Image result for cup of tea drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment