Wednesday 28 October 2015

30-day Writing Challenge - Day 6

Someone who fascinates you and why

I am not particularly interested in anyone.  This might be because I am too wrapped up on my own little bubble of existence or that I just don't know enough about the different types of people out there.  It's like that awful dinner party question - if you could have anyone to dinner, which six people would you pick.  I have no idea.  I'm still panicking about the fact that I only have four dinner plates let alone what on earth would I cook before I even start considering who I'd invite.

Who do I want to know all about???  Don't get me wrong, I am quite nosey.  I've read gossip magazines and clicked on Facebook articles about this or that celebrity's latest scandal but I 've fallen behind in who's who.  When they announce the celebrities for shows like Strictly Come Dancing or I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, nine times out of ten I only know who 1 or 2 of them are.  And to be honest I have no real desire to find out.  I do know who won the Great British Bake Off this year though.  In fact I'd quite like to sit down, have a cuppa and a slice of cake with Nadiya but I wouldn't want to know everything about her.

Perhaps that's the problem.  I'm just to polite to ask.  I quite like gossipping to myself about the might haves and could bes, I enjoy slipping into my imagination and seeing what gets created.  I think that is a more enjoyable experience, perhaps that is the writer in me.  I'd rather make up something fascinating then find out the reality which is often never as interesting.  The challenge continues . . .


Image result for fascinating

No comments:

Post a Comment