Saturday 29 September 2012

Life Lesson

It is often when we think everything is ok that life decides we need to learn a valuable lesson.  It is often when we least expect it that the ground beneath us is wrenched away and we find ourselves falling into the unknown.  I made a mistake.  And that mistake has cost me my job.  I spent most of yesterday in a state of hyperventilating shock and tears before I decided to take life by the horns and think about the silver lining.

I've always believed, had to believe, that things happen for a reason - the good and the bad.  It's the only way to get through the tough times, hoping that there is logic behind the awfulness.  Otherwise we would get lost in despair, trapped by the bleakness of a hopeless future where nothing will ever get better.  I've got at least another 50ish years left inside me, I wonder what amazing and wonderful things I will find.

I often say I like a challenge, well now I have a rather large one looming infront of my face, so it's time to gird the old loins and step once more into the breach.  The time for tears and self pity has past, what's done is done - you can never undo your mistakes, only learn from them and make sure you don't repeat them in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment