Tuesday 6 March 2012

Academy of Hair

I don't like getting my hair cut.  I don't like clothes shopping, make-up, nail varnish, fashion, blah blah shallow blah blah blah.  Some might say I'm not really into women's things.  So I object to paying through the nose for a haircut which is why I get mine done at The Academy.

Now having your hair cut by students might seem scary but these are not the kinds of students who have never cut hair before - these are fully qualified hairdressers who are just having refresher courses in new techniques and new colours.  So you are getting a cut and colour for a total bargain - yay I like a bargain!  The only problem is it involves having your haircut!

Horror scenario number one is having to sit in front of a full length mirror in a chair that does nothing for chubby leg viewage plus the fact that you have to sit in front of a full length mirror for 4 hours.  4 hours!

Horror scenario number two is having at least four people "assess" your hair, talk about it without mentioning the individual beneath the mop and not caring whether it hurts when they pull their fingers through your hair about a billion times.

Horror scenario number three - full length mirror.

A long line of middle-aged (not that I'm quite there yet) women with bad bad bad overgrown, badly dyed, big roots, poorly conditioned hair begin the full length mirror line-up and then four hours later we have the gorgeously coiffed line of shiny mop tops - still the problem of the full length mirrors but the hair looks good grasshopper!



No comments:

Post a Comment