Thursday 30 September 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

I joked with a work colleague today that going to see the new Julia Roberts film - Eat, Pray, Love - would be like watching my own life and all I needed to do was go to Bali to fix it.


The things we say in jest.

This is not a chick flick.  This is not a film for women.  This is very definitely a film for broken hearted people who have lost their way.  I cried from start to finish, every moment of sadness, every moment of anguish, every moment of regret resonated within my very core and lifted the I'm fine facade away from the gaping hole of loneliness and despair.

It is not easy getting over a divorce.  It's true what they say, your wedding day will stay with you for the rest of your life.  It is not easy putting your life back together when it gets ripped apart in the post divorce relationshhip.  Trust is a difficult thing to build and fear is a very easy emotion to let in and oh so very hard to let it out again.

The film talks about balance.  About finding the things in your life that balance you, the family of friends you create around you, the places you visit, the experiences you have and the choices you make that ultimately shape the life before you.  Do you risk everything on an unknown or do you instead drape yourself in misery and unhappiness just so you never have to feel alone?

I want to find the balance in my life.  But how do I get my Italy, my India and my Bali?  Where is my medicine man to show me the way?  I know there is alot of healing to be done and they say that old Father Time is the one to do it but I want to feel now, I want to wake up tomorrow with joy in my heart and I want to smile with my liver (watch the film).

No comments:

Post a Comment